The EduTravel for Credit Learning Model
What does a travel credit look like using this unique program design?
Students reach the learning goals for their course of study within the context of the activities and events that have been planned for each destination on the trip. Students make an informed choice in how they will demonstrate they have reached the overall and specific expectations for the course they are studying and for their cumulative evaluation as they honor their strengths and passions.
Our model of education supports students as they strive for excellence in taking responsibility for their learning and demonstrating effective organizational skills. Students work both independently and collaboratively, take the initiative to inquire into the broader world around them, and exercise the self-discipline necessary to grow into a positive and successful future.
Students with learning exceptions are supported through their Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
Roles and Responsibilities of Key Participants
- To identify students’ learning styles and facilitate accordingly
- To provide and suggest learning resources
- ]To empower/inspire participants to seek out their own learning resources, or provide extensive resources for students who need.
- To assess achievement on an ongoing basis through discussion, cooperative group seminars, and observations and provide descriptive feedback.
- To report to parents at regular intervals about student progress and highlights of the trip using technology.
- To conduct cumulative evaluations to allow students to demonstrate their learning.
- To be respectful to members of a learning community
- To abide by the EduTravel for Credit and School Board Codes of Conduct
- To meet overall expectations of their courses as prescribed in the Ontario Curriculum Guidelines with assistance from their teacher
- To keep in touch with parents/guardians using technology
- To support students as they choose activities at the various destinations that enhance their learning plan
- To assist in making arrangements for attendance at events and admission to attractions
- To help students make connections to local figures for interviews or invited guest speakers
- To support the learning community through leadership and team building opportunities